Pierre N. Leval (2nd Circuit) discusses the Restatement of the Law, Copyright. Leval joined the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 1993. Before that, he served on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York since 1977. He serves as an Adviser for this Restatement.
Questions answered in the video include:
– What is the goal of The American Law Institute’s Restatement of the Law?
– What is the role of the project Reporter and Associate Reporters?
– Why is ALI working on a Copyright Law Restatement?
– Why has the Copyright Law Restatement raised concerns?
– What is a specific example of an area where the Restatement may provide clarification?
The information discussed in this video relates to ALI project drafts and topics that may have been updated or changed since the release of this video. For the most up-to-date information on ALI projects, please visit http://www.ali.org.